Thursday, November 6, 2008

Endless Combinations - post 1

I have joined the endless combinations contest at patternreview.com. I haven't actually sewn anything yet (even though the competition started 6 days ago!) but I have done lots of thinking about it (does that count?)
I have at least decided in my head where I will start - my first item will be this
Hot Patterns pencil skirt in this camel- coloured stripe fabric

I hope to tissue fit and start cutting tomorrow.
Then in a cream bamboo jersey this top in the short sleeves -


And then item 3 will be these pants Vogue 1059 in View A.


These will be made in a chocolate brown linen. I recently did a pants fitting workshop where we used the Palmer Pletsch method to tissue fit the pattern. I have found it very helpful so it will be an interesting exercise to now make the pants. I did buy the PP pants fitting book so I think that will help a lot in the making.

What do you think - are the combinations working so far?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, and yes! Woo hooo! Can't wait to see these made up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The combinations will definitely work and looking forward to your garments.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...