Sunday, February 24, 2008

Wild Bunch


So far... I have fused all the shapes and started the free-motion stitching. I am coming to realise that even though I love the finished effect, that the making of this runner is really quite tedious! First much drawing (done twice , due to fiasco with Wonder Under), then cutting shapes, pressing onto fabric, then heaps more cutting of fine fiddly shapes - this isn't too bad as it can be done in front of the TV. Then placing all the pieces (130 wattle flowers!), peeling off all the backing paper and fusing again! Now I am up to the free motion stitching - it is quite tedious also as it is just going around many small shapes... why did I think this would be fun!! Anyway will have to wait and see if I have enough energy to make a second (or third!) one of these runners. The photo's colours are not at all true - the background is actually more grey and the darker blue more of a dark slate blue.


2 comments:

  1. YUMMY! all those wattle flowers! EEEPS! looks fab though, can't wait to see it IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might be fiddly Sue but it looks spectacular. I too would like to see it in real life

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear what you think...